The financial aspects of divorce are often some of the most difficult to resolve, especially when they involve complex issues of property division. To achieve a viable division of marital assets and debts, it is important to have experienced family law attorneys with extensive technical knowledge of the many aspects of property and the ability to effect a positive division of that property for your benefit.
At the Law Offices of David W. Biles, P.C., our firm has over 30 years of family law experience and we’ve handled most every type of property issue. We have helped numerous clients achieve meaningful and successful results. We provide skilled and dedicated representation for property division and debt division issues in Denton County, Collin County, and the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex.
When individuals have complex property division issues, or wish to protect themselves with marital property agreements, we can help.
Trust Our Denton Complex Property Division Attorneys
Some divorces involve rather straightforward identification and division of assets and debts. In others, clients may not know what the assets are or know how they can be divided between the spouses, particularly when separate property is involved. An often overlooked aspect of property division in divorce is the short- and long-term effect on a parent’s ability to provide for children as well as their own well-being in later years, including retirement.
We identify and evaluate all assets and liabilities, including:
- Separate property vs. community property
- Marital residence, second home and investment properties
- Retirement accounts, including pensions, 401(k)s or IRAs
- Business assets, including closely held businesses, corporations, partnerships and proprietorships
- Bank accounts, investment accounts and mutual funds
- Stock, stock options and bonds
- Bonuses and deferred compensation
- Trust funds, offshore accounts and other diverted income
- Mineral interests, including oil and gas, minerals and water rights
- Horses, cattle and other livestock
- Debts, liens and tax liabilities
Our experienced lawyers know the “ins and outs” of the many types of property and debts and are innovative in identifying opportunities and pitfalls in the myriad potential means of dividing the marital estate. When you are unsure of the existence or extent of property and debts, we engage in diligent discovery to uncover hidden assets, obtain appraisals of assets, and when necessary call on financial experts to locate undisclosed property.
Experienced Family Law Attorneys On Your Side
When you are concerned about divorce and property division issues, send an online message or call our Denton offices at 940-566-0566 to schedule an initial consultation.