Denton Modifications

Denton Modifications

Situations That Might Require A Modification

Children change, and children’s circumstances change. Thus, any court order regarding children is almost never a final document. As situations change, these orders and agreements can be revisited and reworked to reflect those changes. The modification of divorce decrees and prior court orders is possible — but you should always seek the advice and representation of an experienced family law attorney to ensure the best results for you and your children.

At the Law Offices of David W. Biles, P.C., our firm helps clients by ensuring that orders or agreements protect your interests and reflect the needs of your children. We can also help pursue enforcement of child support and child custody orders. With more than 30 years of experience, and with a Board Certified Family Law Specialist as your advocate, you are assured that your interests and those of your child are will always be first.

When A Modification Is Necessary

Our firm regularly handles all types of modification cases, such as child support, child custody, visitation and allocation of conservators’ rights. A custody or child support modification may be necessary when there is a significant change in circumstances such as:

  • Changing priorities as a child becomes older
  • Failure of the other parent to effectively “parent”
  • Loss of a job or decrease in income
  • Increase in one parent’s income
  • Increase in school or day care expenses
  • Increased health insurance costs
  • Special needs of the child, such as medical or counseling expenses
  • Relocation
  • Failure [or refusal] to follow visitation schedules and guidelines

Enforcement Of Court Orders

Sometimes a parent fails to pay child support, or fails to fully or timely pay. Sometimes health insurance lapses. Sometimes a parent refuses to follow the visitation schedule or guidelines. And, sometimes a parent just won’t follow the court’s order regarding the child.

In these situations, enforcement of the order may be an unfortunate necessity. Enforcement of court orders is technical, as is defending alleged violations of court orders, since the consequences may involve incarceration, fines, and payment of the other party’s attorney’s fees. Be sure you are represented by family law attorneys who know the technicalities and have the experience to get a judge to understand your needs and your child’s needs.

Out-Of-State Decrees And Orders

Divorce decrees and court orders from other states can be modified and enforced in Texas under certain circumstances. Our attorneys can evaluate your prior order and advise you about your options.

Learn More About Your Rights

If your divorce order or prior court order requires modification or enforcement, please send us a message to get answers from one of our experienced lawyers. Call our Denton offices to make an appointment at 940-566-0566.

Contact Us Today
Get Answers To Your Questions

    Law Offices Of David W. Biles, P.C.

    303 N. Carroll Blvd. Ste. 100, Denton, TX 76201